From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Teri
L Herbert
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 6:16 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: gold stamping problem

Perhaps someone has an idea how I can salvage a
spine label I did: it took three stamps with a
Kwikprint: very long title, and the last stamp
was the year 2004.  All was lined up and beautiful
til I lifted the last stamp and saw that 2004 was
very muddy and gold run together.  I tried picking
at it to ease off some gold, I tried flanneling,
and it just won't 'unmuddy'.  I can't bear to
scrap the whole cover and wonder if there is a
way to maybe sand off the year and try again or
an easier way to get the gold off the existing
numbers...  Thanks in advance for any ideas!
TL Herbert
herbertL@xxxxxxxx