Re: [BKARTS] labels for books

I had a finishing tool made with my logo (a rooster facing left) which I
incorporate into bindings that I do, often on the spine, lower foredge
corner of the back cover, or inside the back cover, depending on design.
I'll blind, gold or "silver" tool it to fit with the rest of the finishing.

It came in very handy when I was getting my domain - evilrooster.com - from
the link farm that had it.  They asked me to prove that I was using the name
in my "business" and I was able to show them the gallery page of my bindings
on another site, with the rooster visible on pretty much every binding.

The logo is circular, about a centimeter in diameter.  Since there is no
text on the logo, though, there is a risk that a future owner of the book
will have to do some digging to find out that it's from my bindery.  (Also -
if you're designing a logo, do NOT put it in a circular frame...no sighting
points on the finishing tool!)

I have a larger version without a handle, which I can either use heated or
in a letterpress.  I got it to do business cards.  Both the small and the
large were supplied by P&S Engraving, and were not very expensive for what
they are.

Abi
http://www.bookweb.sunpig.com
http://www.evilrooster.com