Re: [BKARTS] labels for books

Its been my experience that many historic (pre 1930) commercial binderies used a very small label-- about 1/2" tall by 3/4" wide. Usually these were gummed and affixed on the bottom left corner of the inside back cover. The labels usually gave the bindery's name and location only. It was usually printed in two colors (or one color on a colored stock) and often had bright enough colors that it couldn't be missed.

In my binding I use this as an example to follow-- though I have yet to make up a consistent label to use on all my work. Its fun to follow in a tradition I've observed as I worked on restoring old library books.

eric