[BKARTS] Book Arts in New Jersey

I've been lurking for awhile. I am trying to get my right brain working after many years of college and graduate school. As a new librarian doing research for a newspaper, I often am creative in an intellectual way but not in a strictly creative way.

I am interested in scrapbooking but using collage and altered methods. I am also interested in all aspects of books, which I have loved since I've been a child. If I didn't have huge student loans and a new mortgage, I'd probably open a mystery bookstore with a tea room plus a collage products because New Jersey really could use all three (especially stores that carry true collage products).

I'm interested in learning the basics of making books. I've checked out all types of classes from Montclair Art Museum to The Center of the Book in NYC. My new job doesn't allow me to get into the city for classes. Rutgers University has a class this fall but it's during my work hours.

Could anyone from the NJ/NY/PA/CT let me know about any upcoming bookmaking classes? Particularly anything on a weekend.

To avoid cluttering the list, you can email me off-list at lanorman1@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you. Leslie