[BKARTS] Book within a book

I would like to create a book within a book.  I ³case² book measures 9²x12²
book and 2.5² thick.  Within this book I would bind a smaller book (3²x4²
and less than 1² thick) vertically centered at the spine.  Both books will
be operative.  Does anyone have experience die cutting or routing a book of
this thickness.
Dennis

Dionysus Press
www.dionysuspress.com