Re: [BKARTS] labels for books

We laser print our own labels, in three sizes. Printed on off-white parchment-type paper for an olde looke.

For large books:     30mm across x 20mm down
For medium sized books:    25mm x 16mm
For small books:     18mm x 12mm.

These dimensions are measured from the printed border edge to edge. Each label is cut out a few mm larger than the printed border, all around.

If a new book is bound, the label is printed:

Bound by:
Book Restorations
Roseville,  Sydney
Tel. #
2005

If an old book is restored, the label is printed:

Restored by:
Book Restorations
Roseville,  Sydney
Tel. #
2005

Each year, we change the year, and print and cut up the six variations, in quantity, and keep them in a compartmentalized box, ready to glue on to each book. We used to glue the label on the rear pastedown. After some years of reflection(!), we now glue them on the inside front pastedown.

Making the labels in-house this way enables the right label, and its size, to be used for each different book. In our mind, the label is meant to be informative when sought out, but not distracting to the eye when the customer is opening the book.

All things change in this world, and labels need to change too!

Peter Krantz.

Book Restorations.
34 Clanville Road,
Roseville, Sydney,
N.S.W.        2069,
Australia.

(P.O. Box 500, North Sydney, N.S.W. 2059.)

Telephone:  +61 2 9416.9900
Fax:  +61 2 9416.6800
Email:  restore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Established: 1976