Re: [BKARTS] Going to China

 Carol,
I recently returned from Beijing. I did not locate book arts specifically but there are some shops along Liulichang Dongjie and Liulichang Xijie (across from one another) where you can find some supplies (paper, calligraphy supplies), blank books, and some art books. If it is not what you're looking for they may know other places as well. Be careful there, they will try to rip you off. You should offer less than half for anything, and increase slowly. That street is in the southern part of the city below Tienanmen Square. It has two parts to it. The western side has more art supplies and books. Sometimes the cabbies know where it is, but it's best to show them on a map that has the chinese characters for the streets as well. I've found that out the hard way. haha. Or you can get there by the Hepingmen subway stop, and keep south along Beixinhua/Nanxinhua Jie.
Here is the website for the 789 gallery, it's a great place to check out some amazing and upcoming Chinese art. http://www.798photogallery.cn/  I wouldn't miss it.
Enjoy Your trip!! talk to everyone you can, they are beautiful, warm and welcoming!
 Best, D