Re: [BKARTS] ink on plastic

There is mylar made (i buy it at office depot in boxes) for inkjet printers. I can scratch the image off after a few very hard attempts. The ink makes this thin hard 'crust' on the mylar. I usually put another mylar overlay over the image. The mylar for HP printers can be scratched off pretty easy I have found, but the image is denser.
The mylar you can buy in rolls for covering books etc. is Not this mylar. I do not know how the injet mylar is treated, but it is.
Charlene

Does anyone out there know how to make ink ( say, generated from an HP or
ink jet) adhere to mylar in such a way that it can resist being scratched off or
worn thin etc by use?

Best to all you book people
Caryl
The Vixen Press