From: Book_Arts-L on behalf of charlene matthews
Sent: Sat 8/27/2005 4:45 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] ink on plastic

There is mylar made (i buy it at office depot in boxes) for inkjet printers.
I can scratch the image off after a few very hard attempts.  The ink makes
this thin hard 'crust' on the mylar.  I usually put another mylar overlay
over the image.  The mylar for HP printers can be scratched off pretty easy
I have found, but the image is denser.
The mylar you can buy in rolls for covering books etc. is Not this mylar.  I
do not know how the injet mylar is treated, but it is.
Charlene