[BKARTS] Teflon folder

In a message dated 8/27/2005 12:05:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Date:    Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:07:38 -0400
> From:    Kevin Driedger <ksdriedger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: teflone folder
>
> I just noticed today that one end of my teflon "bone" folder is starting to
> chip. For some reason I have it in my head that one cannot/should not sand or
> grind down teflon folders, like can be done with real bone folders.
>
> Has anyone had any problems like this with their teflon folders, which I
> like very much otherwise?
>
> Has anyone had any experience (positive or negative) reshaping their teflon
> folder?
>
> thanks,
>
> Kevin Driedger
> Lansing, Mich.

Kevin,

I've been told that it is a bad idea to sand a teflon folder as breathing
teflon dust is not good for people.  I tried Google and found out that teflon
paint is a better way to keep creatures off the bottom of a boat, if that is any
help. (Apparently, making the boat slippery so creatures can't attach
themselves is better that poisoning the creatures.) But I think that the theory is
that the creatures don't eat the teflon, which doesn't answer the question of
whether it is harmful to breath teflon.

Maybe you could call OSHA and get an answer.

Sally