[BKARTS] MSDS nonsense

	I have nothing but skepticism for MSDS reports about potential
harmfulness of substances.  They are unnecessarly alarmist, and make it
seem as though casual contact with nearly anything will be immediately fatal.

EXAMPLE:
Corrosive to the eyes, skin, respiratory and digestive tracts. May cause
blindness. Contact with the skin may cause severe burns or tissue
destruction. If swallowed, causes severe burns and can be fatal.
Condition aggravated/target organs: Persons with pre-existing eye, skin
and resirpatory conditions may be more susceptible

You would want to stay 1000 miles from this extremely dangerous
substance, right?  But you don't.  This is the MSDS description of
household bleach.  (Calcium hypochlorite.)
MSDS can't take the place of common sense.  Anyone practicing a craft
(like bookbinding) will inevitably come into contact with harmful
substances.  Just don't eat them.  Wear a mask when sanding.  Just do
what makes sense.

--

J. J. Foncannon
Philadelphia, PA  19139

Brussels to purchase a wheel of Swiss cheese.  The owner pulled a wheel
from the front window, but Magritte said he preferred the one on the
back counter.