[BKARTS] photopolymer workshop NY

Just a note to mention that I will be teaching another workshop at The Center for Book Arts in New York City on October 1 & 2. The description is below. The class has run 2 or 3 times before and has been lots of fun.

LO-Tech/ HI-quality Photopolymer Platemaking
For the Text and Image Generation. This class will appeal to a variety of people interested in letterpress printing: from graphic designers and illustrators to printmakers, fine artists, calligraphers, and more. All levels are welcome to explore an array of options for turning image and text into the medium of print. We will focus mostly on alternative photopolymer platemaking techniques, including how to get set up to make quality plates without a lot of expensive equipment. We will not only look at equipment options but also investigate a variety of techniques for platemaking and ways of exploring the process itself. Once the technical aspects are covered, class participants will make a series of prints combining text and image to exchange with one another.

http://www.centerforbookarts.org/

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Inge Bruggeman 1017 SE 34th Avenue Portland, OR 97214 www.texturaprinting.com