From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Inge Bruggeman
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 10:19 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BKARTS] photopolymer workshop NY

Just a note to mention that I will be teaching another workshop at The
Center for Book Arts in New York City on October 1 & 2. The description
is below. The class has run 2 or 3 times before and has been lots of
fun.

LO-Tech/ HI-quality Photopolymer Platemaking For the Text and Image
Generation. This class will appeal to a variety of people interested in
letterpress printing: from graphic designers and illustrators to
printmakers, fine artists, calligraphers, and more. All levels are
welcome to explore an array of options for turning image and text into
the medium of print. We will focus mostly on alternative photopolymer
platemaking techniques, including how to get set up to make quality
plates without a lot of expensive equipment. We will not only look at
equipment options but also investigate a variety of techniques for
platemaking and ways of exploring the process itself. Once the technical
aspects are covered, class participants will make a series of prints
combining text and image to exchange with one another.

http://www.centerforbookarts.org/

Inge Bruggeman
1017 SE 34th Avenue
Portland, OR  97214