Re: [BKARTS] MSDS, Vinegar, filters, etc.

I used to be a textile artist and I did some dyeing, although I did not use the powdered Procion or any of the acid dyes. Most people I knew who did use them worked outside. Procion is/was available already mixed, I thought.

If you can't wear any kind of mask, it would seem a good idea to have a light breeze passing across the work area, whether from a fan or a wind, which would cleanse the local air of particulates. And wear something on your hands, so that you don't keep powders on your skin and carry powders to your face. Take some note of clothing, as well, by wearing a smock which can be laundered immediately after mixing the dyes.

I'm a bit paranoid about breathing these chemicals, and I don't think any precautions are too extreme. And I would not mix them inside my house or studio.

Carol
Eugene, OR
-------