Re: [BKARTS] MSDS, Vinegar, filters, etc.

This sort of trails back to MSDS paranoia, but I'll
mention it. Back when I was running the print shop at
Moore College of Art and Design, I was required to
undergo a brief hazmat training. I remember someone
asking about citrus cleaners, since they are made from
a natural source that they should be safe. The hazmat
trainer - she was actually the former director of the
ASTM, pointed out that using citrus cleaners in your
house or on your skin can often introduce pesticides
into your home. Citrus fruit produces a natural
pesticide as a defense against insects, but citrus
growers, to preserve their crop, often spray extra
pesticides on them. This frequently happens in Latin
America, where the use of DDT is still common. So you
have to be careful with citrus cleaners, as well,
because they don't usually specify where they get
their oranges.

Michelle

www.phillyart.net/michellewilson