Re: [BKARTS] photopolymer negatives

Hi Marnie

Yeah, rejoin

Things are changing a bit, and relatively recently. Film will become more and more fugitive. But unfortunately, this applies to anything you can do on your laser or inkjet as well as with an imaging center (aka service bureau). No fear though, we will find a way.

Gerald

Inge,

I almost didn't reply to the list, but it seems that this is not so
peripheral to book arts...

Thanks for your very informative reply. I am hoping that someone is able
to find a way to produce good negs on a new laser or ink jet printer.
There is only ONE of the old school service bureaus left in our area
since all litho is heading toward going straight to plate and skipping
the film. The negatives are getting more and more costly.

I have a background in alternative photo techniques, and love working in
all the manners that you have described-- I bet we could have a lot of
fun together! However, I'm really trying to find an affordable,
accessible way to produce high quality, dependably dense negatives. If I
knew what printer to buy, I'd buy it and some high quality transparency
film (like Epson's good stuff or Pictorico)... But alas, it seems that
only the older ink jet printers are capable of doing the job.... Hmmmm.

Sigh. I guess I'll have to rejoin the photopolymer list-- a great list
as well!

Thanks again,

Marnie

Marnie Powers-Torrey