[BKARTS] My Pet Goat, Vol. 2

I'm forwarding this from another list:

Paul T Werner, New York
http://theorangepress.com

WOID: A journal of visual language

*****

A Message from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS)
Acting Director Mary Chute to Our Colleagues:

The devastation in New Orleans and other Gulf Coast communities is
beyond
belief. Our hearts go out to the people and families who have lost so
much
in this catastrophe.

At this time the highest priority remains health and safety. Assessing
damage to property, and library and museum collections, will take some
time.
However, IMLS is acting now by extending our upcoming grant deadline to
enable museums in the affected area to take advantage of funding
opportunities to care for their collections. We are also working in
coordination with other federal and state agencies as well as with
partner
service organizations, libraries and museums to best determine the
agency's
next steps to assist with the disaster recovery.

Libraries and museums are essential to sustaining the unique and
treasured
culture of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast and to supporting
communities, education, and lifelong learning.

IMLS Conservation Project Support Program Deadline Extended for
Museums in
Declared Disaster Areas:
http://www.imls.gov/whatsnew/current/090105.htm

***UPDATED September 2, 2005, 5:16 PM EST***

Hurricane Katrina: Information for Museums and Libraries

The following is a preliminary list of links to first reports on
museum and
library related damage, recovery information, and more:

IMLS Conservation Project Support Program Deadline Extended for
Museums in
Declared Disaster Areas:
http://www.imls.gov/whatsnew/current/090105.htm

American Association of Museums
Hurricane Recovery Information
http://www.aam-us.org/aamlatest/news/hurricane.cfm

American Library Association
Hurricane Katrina Affected Libraries
http://www.ala.org/al_onlineTemplate.cfm?
Section=alonline&template=/ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm&Content
ID=103278

American Institute of Architects
Hurricane Katrina Response
http://www.aia.org

Corporation for Public Broadcasting
Emergency Grants for Public Broadcast Stations
http://www.cpb.org/pressroom/release.php?prn=483

Federal Emergency Management Agency
List of Organizations Accepting Donations and Volunteers
http://www.fema.gov/press/2005/katrinadonations.shtm

Heritage Preservation
Heritage Emergency National Task Force: Hurricane Katrina Updates
http://www.heritagepreservation.org/PROGRAMS/Katrina.HTM

The National Trust for Historic Preservation The National Trust
Announces Gulf Coast Relief http://www.nationaltrust.org

Northeast Document Conservation Center
Hurricane Recovery
http://www.nedcc.org/news/hurricane.htm

Regional Alliance for Preservation
Hurricane Recovery
http://www.rap-arcc.org/whatsnew/hurricane.htm

SOLINET
Recovery Information & Services for Hurricane Victims
http://www.solinet.net/whatsnew/whatsnew.cfm?doc_id=3756

Eileen Maxwell
Public Affairs Officer
Institute of Museum and Library Services
1800 M Street, NW
9th Floor
Washington, DC  20036-5802
202-653-4632