Re: [BKARTS] Efforts to save city documents stymied

On Sep 6, 2005, at 11:05 AM, Duncan wrote:

"I don't think people realize the importance of these records," Pokluda said. "It's imperative we get in there and see if these can be saved."
"We're still in the horse and buggy days," Bruno said.

That reminds me of the Great Chicago Fire back of 1872(?). Chicago learned the importance and value of their real estate records, AND that WAS back in the horse and buggy days.

Bill Minter (former Chicago resident)

William Minter Bookbinding & Conservation, Inc. 4364 Woodbury Pike Woodbury, PA 16695 814-793-4020 Fax: 814-793-4045 Email: wminter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx