[BKARTS] paring leather: trivial question

	For those of those who pare leather for inlays or labels, if you
measure the thickness of the final product.  I pare the leather down to
.005 inch.  Is this about the thickness you get after paring, or is it
more, or less?  (I use a micrometer.)  The final product, after backing
with archival tissue,  is from .005 to .01 inch.
	Thanks, I'm just curious.
--

J. J. Foncannon
Philadelphia, PA  19139

Brussels to purchase a wheel of Swiss cheese.  The owner pulled a wheel
from the front window, but Magritte said he preferred the one on the
back counter.