From: Book_Arts-L on behalf of Christine Cassidy
Sent: Tue 9/6/2005 7:10 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BKARTS] Secret Belgian binding on boxes

I just completed a kit from Quietfire Designs of Hedi Kyle's Secret
Belgian exposed binding.  After the 3rd attempt on the lacing I
finally got it right!  I like it well enough to experiment with.  I
could swear I saw some boxes that had used this same technique to
attach the lid but for the life of me I can't find them to look at
now.  Does this ring a bell with anyone here?  I'm sure I didn't
dream it!
  I could probably figure it out for myself but a picture, as they
say, is worth a thousand words.  It has been a lot time since I have
made any boxes.  Also, has anyone done any other interesting things
with this binding?  Would love to see it if you have posted any pics.

Belgian Eyelet Kit photo:
http://www.quietfiredesign.com/
byhandproductspaperkits.html#belgianeyelet

Thanks!
Christine
Santa Fe, NM