[BKARTS] paring leather: trivial question

"For those of those who pare leather for inlays or labels, if you
measure the thickness of the final product.  I pare the leather down to
.005 inch.  Is this about the thickness you get after paring"

Jet,
I don't actually measure the thickness.  Typically, I pare it down
until it "feels" right.  This is usually at the point where you can
start to see light through the hair follicles.

Hope this helps,
Frank
Lehmann Bindery