Re: [BKARTS] Secret Belgian binding on boxes

Hi Christine,

You can see those boxes, and other variations I've done, on my web site: http://faenwyl.photosite.com.  The boxes are essentially the Secret Belgian cover but unattached to a text block; the "spine" in this variation is the hinge, and the "front and back covers" are the back and lid of the box.  I've altered the sewing pattern a little so it's more stable, but the basic pattern will work just fine.

Have fun with it,
Cara

Cara Schlesinger
Faenwyl Bindery
Brooklyn and Youngsville, New York
http://faenwyl.photosite.com

-- Christine Cassidy <christinecassidy@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I just completed a kit from Quietfire Designs of Hedi Kyle's Secret
Belgian exposed binding.  After the 3rd attempt on the lacing I
finally got it right!  I like it well enough to experiment with.  I
could swear I saw some boxes that had used this same technique to
attach the lid but for the life of me I can't find them to look at
now.  Does this ring a bell with anyone here?  I'm sure I didn't
dream it!
  I could probably figure it out for myself but a picture, as they
say, is worth a thousand words.  It has been a lot time since I have
made any boxes.  Also, has anyone done any other interesting things
with this binding?  Would love to see it if you have posted any pics.

Belgian Eyelet Kit photo:
http://www.quietfiredesign.com/
byhandproductspaperkits.html#belgianeyelet

Thanks!
Christine
Santa Fe, NM