Re: [BKARTS] Secret Belgian binding on boxes

>>I had been thinking about what to do about the spine piece but now
>>I can see that as long as you are weaving up and down at each opening
>>you don't even need the 3rd piece.

Christine,

It's true, you can simply sew the lid directly to the box, but that wouldn't be a Secret Belgian - - to maintain the structure you need the third piece.  Personally, I like the structure of the spine/hinge piece in there - - it's a more stable hinge, it gives the lid something firm to rest against, and I also like the different variations of wrapping the hinge with the thread.

Please post pictures when you're done - - I'd like to see what you come up with.

Cheers,
Cara

Cara Schlesinger
Faenwyl Bindery