Re: [BKARTS] Secret Belgian binding on boxes

Hi Cara,

Now that you mention it I guess that's true. It wouldn't be the Secret Belgian! That's what is so interesting about this binding. I also like the possibilities of variations in the stitching pattern. I was thinking that it would be too wiggly, if you know what I mean, by doing the lid in two pieces - the spine and then the larger lid piece. But I will fool around with it a while and see what I come up with.

Yes, I'll be happy to show you what I come up with.
Christine

I had been thinking about what to do about the spine piece but now
I can see that as long as you are weaving up and down at each opening
you don't even need the 3rd piece.

Christine,
It's true, you can simply sew the lid directly to the box, but that wouldn't be a Secret Belgian - - to maintain the structure you need the third piece. Personally, I like the structure of the spine/ hinge piece in there - - it's a more stable hinge, it gives the lid something firm to rest against, and I also like the different variations of wrapping the hinge with the thread.

Please post pictures when you're done - - I'd like to see what you come up with.
Cheers,
Cara