[BKARTS] Stymied

> We can't depend on FEMA to protect our bibliographical heritage (or
anything else.)

On whom should we depend, then? This is not simply a question of
incompetence, or a few bad apples: it's a political ideology that sees
governmental help for anything (or anybody) as an evil. In May 2001
Allbaugh characterized FEMA as an "entitlement program," viz.
something like Welfare or Medicaid that needed to be eliminated. Today
we're seeing the results of that attitude.

Now if only those books and archives and artworks had
assumed "Personal Responsibility..."

Paul T Werner, New York
http://theorangepress.com

Forthcoming: "Museum, Inc.: Inside the Global Art World" from Prickly
Paradigm Press