[BKARTS] Going to Vancouver, BC

Hi all

I'm off to Vancouver next month (20-23 Oct), unfortunately between the two weekends that the Emily Carr School of Design is running bookbinding-related classes (d***!), and as well as doing my usual fibre- and wine-related things, I'd like to do something "bookish."

Can anyone recommend places/things to see (or browse or buy!) in Vancouver (preferably Granville Island)? I wish we had the opportunity to go down to Seattle, but as the prime reason for our visit is to spend time with my mom, who's in a nursing home, our tripping about is pretty restricted to the GVRD.

Thanks
Linda