Re: [BKARTS] Celluclay alternative

I'm making a three dimensional book structure shaped out of brass screening and lined with Celluclay. Unfortunately, the Celluclay shrinks and pulls the screening away from the form. I've tied the screening to keep it in place and tried sand bagging it while it dries but it simply finds other places to draw up.

You might try Creative Paperclay. I have used it as a form, but not for larger structures, so don't know how it will respond when more than a thin layer is needed. But it is relatively lightweight and shapes easily. They have a website, paperclay dot com, but I think I found the clay I used at Hobby Lobby.

Best,

Vernon Wiering

Wiering Books
1553 Orville Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49507 USA
616/248-5434

Period bookbinding and restoration, by hand.

Visit
http://www.wieringbooks.com