From: Book_Arts-L on behalf of RFS
Sent: Wed 9/7/2005 11:04 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BKARTS] Very old letterpress printing

I am hoping that the printing experts here can direct me to detailed web
info on 17th century typesetting.

I have come across a volume of Latin religious tracts dated from 1661.
(Cologne) I am fascinated by the regularity of the text which is in a very
small typeface. I haven't handled much material from the 17th century, and
am just wondering about the technical aspects of printing at that time.

I realize that this is a bit "off topic," but just hoped that one of you had
a historical interest that would send me in the right direction.

Thanks...Richard