Re: [BKARTS] Going to Vancouver, BC

Dear Linda:Your visit to Vancouver during 20-23 October will give you the
opportunity to attend The Alcuin Wayzgoose 2005:A Letterpress Book Fair.At
this year's wayzgoose there will be 16 British Columbia private
presses,several book artists and demonstrations of relief and intaglio
processes,marbled paper and wood type.Please check out the following
http://www.alcuinsociety.com/Activities/2005Wayzgoose/Wayzgoose2005.htm
If you have any questions do contact me.Hope to see you there.Regards,

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 20:50:18 -0600 BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm off to Vancouver next month (20-23 Oct), unfortunately between
> the two weekends that the Emily Carr School of Design is running
> bookbinding-related classes (d***!), and as well as doing my usual
> fibre- and wine-related things, I'd like to do something "bookish."
>
> Can anyone recommend places/things to see (or browse or buy!) in
> Vancouver (preferably Granville Island)?  I wish we had the
> opportunity to go down to Seattle, but as the prime reason for our
> visit is to spend time with my mom, who's in a nursing home, our
> tripping about is pretty restricted to the GVRD.
>
> Thanks
> Linda

>			Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive.
>
>	    See <http://www.philobiblon.com> for full information

Eric L.Swanick
Head,Special Collections
W.A.C.Bennett Library,Simon Fraser University
Burnaby,BC V5A 1S6
Tel:604.291.4626;email eswanick@xxxxxx;fax 604.291.3023