[BKARTS] Asheville, NC - BookWorks hosts MOBILIVRE-BOOKMOBILE

All-Day Event
Tuesday, September 20th, 2005

BookWorks hosts
projet MOBILIVRE-BOOKMOBILE project

Now in its fifth year, projet MOBILIVRE-BOOKMOBILE
project is an annual touring exhibition of artist
books, zines, and independent publications. Traveling
by way of a vintage Airstream, the BOOKMOBILE visits a
variety of venues in Canada and the US including
community centers, schools, libraries, festivals and
artist-run centers. A group of coordinators traveling
with the exhibition facilitates a series of workshops,
artist talks, and educational forums. The project has
exposed thousands of visitors to a unique collection
of independently produced book works. You can learn
more about projet MOBILIVRE-BOOKMOBILE project at
www.mobilivre.org.

BookWorks is a book arts learning center serving the
community of Asheville and beyond. We offer a full
spectrum of hands-on workshops, including bookbinding,
printmaking, typesetting, decorative papermaking, and
much more. Our studio is located at 428 1/2 Haywood
Road just east of I-240 in the burgeoning West
Asheville Arts District. In addition to the classes
offered, BookWorks maintains a gallery space, a
schedule of open studio hours, and several dedicated
spaces for our resident Studio Artists. We also offers
studio space for art group meetings and special
events.

For more information, please visit our website at
www.ashevillebookworks.com, send us an e-mail at
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, or give us a call at
828-225-8444.