[BKARTS] Johnson Edition

	A bookseller has just given me (for a mere $10) a complete collection
of the works of Samuel Johnson, dated 1811, published in GB  The covers
of these books have completely disintegrated, and I am considering
recasing the entire set, in leather bindings.
	The pages of the books have undergone considerable yellowing, and I
really don't want to go through all the trouble of recasing the set if
the paper won't last.  It could be that the yellowing condition doesn't
necessarily mean that the pages are due to disintegrate in the near future.
	Does anyone know what sort of paper was used in books of this period?
--

J. J. Foncannon
Philadelphia, PA  19139

Brussels to purchase a wheel of Swiss cheese.  The owner pulled a wheel
from the front window, but Magritte said he preferred the one on the
back counter.