Re: [BKARTS] WOID #XIII-41. Blue Bayou

Hello, You know not of what you speak. There is very much evidence that children can most often address trauma by drawing. The sooner you get them the tools for doing this the better off they are. When they are sitting in shelters all day they need to have creative tools to help them process what has happened to them Now is exactly the time they need these things. ARGGGG. Sandy Olson
From: Mark Hill
  To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, September 19, 2005 10:45 AM
  Subject: Re: WOID #XIII-41. Blue Bayou

  I have to agree with Mr. Werner.  I believe that when there are thousands of
  people who need food, water, medical supplies it is arrogant (in the least)
  to think you are helping anyone by sending them art supplies.  It might help
  you sleep at night thinking that you helped the people of New Orleans by
  sending you extra sketch pads and pencils, but you would be delusional.

  At this point, food, water and medical supplies are what the Katrina victims
  need the most.  Send your art supplies, if you are still determined that
  this is going to help anyone,  when they are fed and housed.

  And "leave this sort of thing to the professionals?"  The professionals
  (government) have already shown their miserable failure at responding to
  this tragedy.  We have been shown quite well that we can not depend on the
  government.

  Mark Hill
  Paper Raven Bookworks
  www.paperraven.com