[BKARTS] Blue Bayou

> I believe Mr. Warner was doing was using the tragic event
> as an opportunity to sound off on his personal philosophy on
poverty.

My article referenced serious arguments about the roots of poverty and
the system of social welfare, many of which have been developed by
respected scholars who have been my friends for years. I had a long
discussion with one such scholar, a tenured professor of Social
Policy, before posting my article. Of course I take full
responsibility for the final result. I realize this can be confusing
for those among us whose idea of an authoritative source is Rush
Limbaugh.

Incidentally, my article does not say that art is useless; or that
traumatized children cannot benefit from art activities. And from all
the reports I've received the response from Houston, at all levels of
the educational system, has been exemplary.
Hey, kids: can you say "Needs Assessment?

Paul T Werner, New York
http://theorangepress.com

WOID: A journal of visual language
"Museum, Inc.: Inside the Global Art Worl" (November 1 from Prickly
Paradigm Press)