Re: [BKARTS] How to remove clear plastic tape

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Jules Siegel wrote:

Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 20:36:12 -0500
From: Jules Siegel <siegel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: How to remove clear plastic tape

I've looked in the archives and online without success. I want to remove the clear plastic tape from a very clumsy amateur book repair. If it weren't all wrinkled and generally ugly, I'd leave it alone, but this is really gross.

Any ideas? As I'm in Cancun, it's unlikely that I will be able to find any special solvents.

I would use a heated microspatula or smooth knife to lift the tape, followed by a crepe rubber square ("rubber cement pick-up") to remove remnants of adhesive.