From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Octavia & Co. Press
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 11:26 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: clever/interesting book web site

Matthew, (and a variety of other bookish friends)

We began releasing many hundreds of books into the wild using a similar
method - in fact, a method inspired by the Bookcrossing's concept. After
printing and binding a book that was not quite saleable (id est: not
perfect, mucked up endpapers or poorly printed pictures), we glue a
title plate on the cover that reads "I'M FREE! I'm Not Lost. Please,
Pick me up, and take me home with you. Read me thoroughly, and then pass
me on to a friend or relative. If you happen to find this book on a
bookshelf - steal it! I am not property to be owned by any individual
person or to be found uselessly unread on some stuffy library shelf."

This is then followed by a quote by none other than yours truly (I love
quoting myself, especially on term papers)..."There are dangerous books
in the world today. Some are known to be inhabited by a demon known as
THOUGHT. These books are created with a purpose, instructed with intent,
and have lives of their own. Do not inhibit their passage, for they are
stronger than the hands which would hold them." - R.L.Angus, Octavia &
Co. Press.

If anyone wants, I have scanned a copy of the most recent cover
containing this title plate on our webpage, in the "Custom Orders and
Rebinding" page. The last three books we produced like this were
Friedrich Nietzsche's "Hammer of the Idols", Machiavelli's "The Prince",
and a book of William Blake's poetry, called "Songs of Innocence".

Robert L. Angus

Octavia & Co. Press

OctaviaPress.Com

(403)-242-0397