[BKARTS] Protective finish for pastepaper

Hello,

On the subject of pastepaper, a message from a few years ago in the Bookarts archive said, "I always coat mine with either a microcrystaline or acrylic wax to
protect the surface." Could someone familiar with this technique describe how the wax should be applied, and what form it comes in for this purpose? The only acrylic wax I know of is liquid floor wax...

Thank you,

Cathy