Re: [BKARTS] Protective finish for pastepaper

I have also used... (don't be too underwhelmed!) waxed paper, crumpled up and simply rubbed over the surface of the paste paper. I'm not sure about the longevity of the wax on typical waxed paper-- although my paste papers look just as they did a few years ago, this is not necessarily a good indicator.

I really like the ease of application, and how the wax transfers in a verry thin and subtle, though effective, layer. I'm almost embarrassed to mention it, though, since it's so... pedestrian.

You could also try Renaissance Wax, available through most bookbinding/ conservation suppliers, or SC6000, another wax available similarly. I've had great results with the SC6000.