Re: [BKARTS] Protective finish for pastepaper

Hi Cathy,
You can find different protective waxes for paintings in fine art supply stores that carry paints. A good one is Rennaisance wax. I've used Dorland's wax for years but learned some time ago that it reacts with certain things whereas Rennaisance wax won't. Has to do with chemical reactions.
A microcrystalline wax that paper artists use is called MicroGlaze (www.microglaze.com or www.skycraft.com or 800-578-5608) will give you more info about it. It comes in a range of sizes and is acid free. On paste paper it should work fine. I know on glossy papers, it has a tendency to change the tactility of the paper and make it odd. I would work with test swatches first to find which works best for your purposes.

Hope this helps you,

Meredith

Meredith Arnold
Comedian Artist, Instructor and Designer
110 N. 201 St.
Shoreline, WA  98133-3012

Edmonds Community College Arts Now Instructor/Delegate to China for Sept. 2005 Exchange
Artist Representative for Polyform Products (www.sculpey.com)
Advisor to the Board, N.W. Polymer Clay Guild
Certified PMC instructor, certified by Rio Grande Jewelry Supply, New Mexico and PMC Connection, Texas

Member of:
N.W. Polymer Clay Guild, (www.nwpcg.org)
Precious Metal Clay Guild,  (www.pmclay.com)
Seattle Center Book Arts Club