[BKARTS] Restoration of the Wizard of Oz (1903)

Hi,
A friend asked me to restore her childhood copy of the Wizard of Oz, illustrated by W. W. Denslow, published in 1903. The book is in very poor condition: missing spine, half of the binding comes apart, loose and split pages with lots of tears. This book has personal sentimental value and cannot be replaced by any other copy found on Ebay. She would like to have this book restored to the point that it can function again.
The original binding is sewn with very fine thread (4 folios in each section) and then glued to paper. It has total around 260 pages.
Before we make the final decision to rebind this book, we will appreciate any advice on some other options.

peng peng wang
www.pengpengwang.com