[BKARTS] non-flatteness in leather covers

Let's not forget the importance of enclosures (assuming we have wisely lined our boards) for the finished bindings. Bindings that have remained in their boxes over the years (decades) have remained in their perfect original shape (flatness) in my experience. I believe there is a significant micro-climate control advantage with the use of a good enclosure. This assumes, of course, that the macro-environment is not vacillating wildly....

>>Will this balance persist in changing environments? It seems reasonable
to expect the opposite surfaces will have a different exposure to
atmospheric humidity, that this will induce changes in curvature of the
surface.

Scott

Scott K Kellar
Bookbinding & Conservation