[BKARTS] Resumes

> Subject: Re: Seen any great resumes?

I was given good advice about writing a resume, which I pass along.

If answering an ad, respond to the requests in the ad. That is, if the ad
asks for "at least five years experience" and you have twenty, state that you
have "at least five years experience." If they ask that you know Quark, state you
know Quark. Often, it's initially a matter of getting through Human
Resources. They're looking through possibly hundreds of applications, and flag those
specific qualifications stated in the ad. Get through that first round, then you
may get to the next.

For those with a great deal of experience, use restraint. Don't show off. It
may intimidate a twenty-something employer!

And please, no funky typefaces (Help Stamp out Comic Sans!), paper with
embedded rose petals, or smiley faces >:)

Cheers,
Alice

A L I C E * S I M P S O N
D A N C E M A R A T H O N