[BKARTS] October book arts workshops

MGP STUDIO ARTS GALLERY OCTOBER BOOK ARTS WORKSHOPS
430 Union Square Drive, New Hope, PA.18938, Ph. 215 862 9690
mgpstudio@xxxxxxxx

1. BOOK BINDING BASICS - Four Wednesdays: Oct. 12- Nov. 4-7pm.
A good foundation is always important. Once skills are acquired, they can be
applied to any binding, regardless of complexity.

2. POCKETS, INSERTS AND HIDDEN PLACES -  Oct. 16, 10-4.
We acquire and save ephemera in our travels and daily life. Come with your
riches and memories and create a journal with multiple and unique enclosures,
each specifically designed to contain your treasures.

3. COPTIC JOURNAL WITH CASE -  Oct. 20, 10-4.
Coptic bindings are the earliest known bindings of the codex format. These
bindings date from the 4th to the 11th century. Come and steep yourself in
history and make your very own coptic bound journal, and then we will make a case
wrapper.

4. CAROUSEL BOOK- October 29, 10-4
A carousel book is an ingenious work, containing three-dimensional panoramic
scenes that are revealed in multilayered openings that recede into space. Its
seductiveness comes as a result of its construction, a series of five scenes,
which when taken together are a play in five acts.

5. LONG STITCH BINDING WITH SLIPCASE -Oct. 30, 10-4.
This is a handsome binding which is sewn to its cover with long stitches that
show on the outside of the spine. We will also construct a slipcase to
contain this wonderful book. Tuition: $85 plus $15 materials fee.

Please call if you need additional information.
BOOK MENTORING: Open discussion time. Come with your questions and your
books. Oct. 14, 28, Nov. 18, and Dec. 15, from 2 pm to 4:30pm at the gallery.
Please call to register.
Maria
Director
MGP Studio Arts Gallery