Re: [BKARTS] Remember library card catalogs ?

Call me a luddite, but I find the cards much easier to use than a computer
catalogue. You can get instant results, and a much quicker search of adjacent
records. And browsing is instant.

Trouble with computer searches is that you have to be very specific in the
search criteria (assuming the program caters for the particular criterion you
have, which it doesn't always), and it very much depends upon how the
catalogue  has been created - i.e. how the original data has been entered. I quite
often  find that a simple search on author or title often fails to find the book
that  you know is in the library.

David Bolton
www.alembicpress.co.uk