Re: [BKARTS] Binders in Vienna, Budapest

Hi Scott.  In Budapest there are a few places that he may want to visit.

The National Library has a conservation lab in the basement.  I met
several bookbinders there and was impressed with their lab.  They are
located in a museum building at the top of the palace hill across the
river.

A private bookbinding firm is located downstairs from Kozponti Antikvarum
bookstore in the bookstore district.  They had a fully-equipped shop.

I also met a local private bookbinder named Tomasz.  He was nice enough to
show me other conservation labs and spend time introducing me to them as
not everyone speaks english there.

Some of the locals told me about a small town outside of Budapest called
Gyoma?
They said that this is where the Kner family bookbinding museum is.  I
didn't make
it there (sadly).

I hope that this isn't too late to help.

-Ethan.