Re: [BKARTS] topic laundering money

Thanks but that's what i already sent him.

my impression is that this guy IS a paper money dealer in eastern europe.

j. godsey

I.V. Chang Fong wrote:
Hello J. Godsey,

  Laundering Paper Money is a not recommend. If there are some dirt on it,
use a very soft eraser. Best if you take it to a Paper Money dealer. He/She
may recommend that you leave it as is.

From "Standard Catalog of World Paper Money" Krause Publication

Cleaning, Washing, Pressing of Banknotes.
   a) Cleaning, washing or pressing paper money is generally harmful and
reduces both the grade and the value of a note. At the very least, a washed
or pressed note may lose its original sheen and its surface may become
lifeless and dull. The defects a note had, such as folds and creases, may
not necessarily be completely eliminated and their telltale marks can be
detected under a good light. Carelessly washed notes may also have white
streaks where the folds or creases were (or still are).
   b) Processing of a note which started our as Extremely fine will
automatically reduce it at least one full grade.

Bella Chang Fong