Re: [BKARTS] topic laundering money

Joyce - Not washing is probably best. Unfortunately I recently sold all the
old grubby (and non-grubby) bank notes that I had accumulated from various
estates over the years to a dealer (unwashed - the notes, not the dealer,
that is). So I can't experiment for you....but I have found many uses for
the Dry Cleaning Sponge that you sell (www.sicpress.com) - it lifts off a
lot of surface soil with no damage to the surface.

I use it on many antiquarian cloth-covered books to spruce up the cloth (it
just seems to draw old dust out of the pores and I hate using moisture on
cloth - it reduces the sheen of the sizing, and sometimes lifts out some of
the dye.) And your "Inkredible" eraser does an amazing job of removing old
stains and soil from both cloth and paper, as well as century-old dust from
block ends - even crayon, ink, and paint, with no visible damage to the
surface. So if you can find a nasty old bank note and experiment a little, I
would bet that these two products would provide some surface cleaning
without visible damage. The dry cleaning pads also work quite well on cloth
and paper surfaces where the cleaning area is large and too stubborn for the
sponge.

(The above are the comments of a satisfied customer and were not solicited
in any fashion.)

Lee

Lee Kirk

The Prints & The Paper