[BKARTS] sharkskin and what?

    Because of some of the comments on this group, I purchased (at great
expense) a pelt? hide? piece? of sharkskin, dusty rose in color.  If you
have ever seen this skin, you know it has a deep texture, quite wavy.
It is a thick leather, somewhat rubbery, and I am baffled by it.  It
doesn't look like it can be pared, at least, not easily.  I don't see
how onlays can be applied to it.
    Does anyone have experience in handling this material?  How do you
apply hot-stamped title onlays to it?

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.  It is
the argument of tyrants.  It is the creed of slaves.
    ----William Pitt the Younger

Jet Foncannon
4516 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA     19139