Re: [BKARTS] sharkskin and what?

Jet Foncannon wrote:
    Because of some of the comments on this group, I purchased (at great
expense) a pelt? hide? piece? of sharkskin, dusty rose in color.  If you
have ever seen this skin, you know it has a deep texture, quite wavy.
It is a thick leather, somewhat rubbery, and I am baffled by it.  It
doesn't look like it can be pared, at least, not easily.  I don't see
how onlays can be applied to it.
    Does anyone have experience in handling this material?  How do you
apply hot-stamped title onlays to it?

Sorry, I've never seen it used, or even seen it in person (other than on a shark!). However, I'd love to see a shot of what you're doing with it, if you're able to, and if you find a way of working with it!

Good luck,

Scott.