Secrets of Paper Animation

A Hands-On Workshop
With Ed Hutchins

Saturday, January 12, 2008
(Snow date: January 13)
9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.

The information isn’t secret. What is secret is what
happens unnoticed between the pages. We'll start by
making simple moving words and pictures and then work
our way up to interconnected mechanical parts that
make text and illustrations wiggle, slide, pop, drop,
rotate, and jump off the page. We’ll learn not only
how illustrations can be animated, but also how text
can move to direct and re-direct the reader’s point of
view. Finally, we'll take all our action pages and
assemble them into the most engaging book you've ever
created.

Come and join the fun.

As a book artist, Ed Hutchins has taught, lectured,
curated shows, directed book arts programs and crafted
editioned books while traveling across the U.S.A.,
Canada and Mexico. In 1989 he began Editions, a
work-shop for producing artist book multiples.

Full day workshop only $65
Reservations required

Chadwick Bindery
213 Route 375