Re: [BKARTS] topic laundering money

i guess it depends on the bag.

I have sliced opened up several brands (at least 5) - mostly they contain ground up erasers.
I can't imagine they would leave anything more behind that a solid eraser would
the one i carry now is the opaline from talas, looks like ground gum eraser.
even talas had no other information than 'ground eraser'

j. godsey

Linde Brocato wrote:
Greetings to the list, seasonal and otherwise,

the conservator here at UIUC told me a while back that those dry cleaning
bags leave a residue that isn't so good for the materials, which put a big
hitch in the gitalong of my own cleaning of materials.

What's the scoop on that?

best,

Linde Brocato (lurker)